Hey guys in this video we go over some of the books and guides that I recommend for foraging wild edibles and medicinal plants. There are thousands of books on this subject and today we talk a bit about some things you might want to keep in mind when looking for books on plants. Things like good detailed text of the plants and it’s uses, up close or detailed photographs of the leaves flowers can all be useful. Some of these books talk about edible plants, others talk about medicinal plants, and some are just a good read covering a lot of different plants and herbs.
From the Peterson Field Guide to Edible and Medicinal Plants, to the Smithsonian handbook for herbs we talk a bit about each one and how they can help you in identifying or using wild plants for food or medicine. These are just a few of my recommended books and guides on wild edibles and medicinal plants.
Links To Recommended Books in This Video…
– Peterson Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs of Eastern and Central North America
– Indian Herbalogy of North America
– Edible Wild Plants: Eastern/Central North America
– Wildflowers and Ferns of Indiana Forests
– Jude’s Herbal Home Remedies
– Peterson Field Guide to Mushrooms: North America
I thank you guys for watching I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you learned something. If you want to learn more about edible or medicinal plants make sure to subscribe!